Thursday, February 8, 2007

Whew, finally set up!

The day started with trying to do everything in safari and we used firefox last night. So, I decided to download firefox so it all would be recognizable to what we did last night. I then downloaded Delicious and was delightful to see a screen that resembled last nights in class. I then looked into Delicious and found a website I was personally interested in and included it in my bookmarks.

Going over my notes, I realized I sent Lena duplicate delicious accounts instead of my delicious and blog account. I then realized I couldn't get into my blog account. So after reading over everything I now figured out how to get in there to post my
first official blog.
It was amazing to relearn getting around the computer with the shortcuts. I know it will be easier in the long run, it just took longer today to go back to my notes and remember what keys to use.
It feels a bit like learning a foreign language.

What I would like to get out of the class is to be efficient on MAC,and using it as a creative tool. To become familiar with graphic software programs; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator. And if we have time, I would love to learn about video, sound and animation. I would like to understand enough that when I come upon an obstacle, I can quickly and effectively move through it using help. And that I have a working vocabulary in regards to all aspects of the computer and its uses. Rather then spend time on a research project, I would rather spend more time on the different software programs.I would love to professionally take my many projects and ideas to the next level.

Well, I have used help with Blogspot, and 'spotlight' to find things, like the dictionary, that I now have in my dock along with firefox. I was choosing to use shortcuts as much as possible. It really is easier using firefox then safari with the shortcuts given in class. I do miss the familiarity of Safari.