Friday, March 2, 2007

Rocky at the Art Museum

After taking some photographs of the flags on JFK Blvd. the other day to use in Photoshop, I realized while working with this particular photo that I inadvertantly captured a man posing as Rocky for a 'friend' that looks like he may be taken his picture. I thought that was really cool and I wanted to have the image of 'Rocky' stand out more in the photograph.

So I used the photograph, "The BLU Flag Flying High" the one where I extracted a flag flying in front of the Art Museum and replaced it with the BLU flag. Then following the 2MPT #24; Hand Coloring tutorial, hand colored the man, his friend and the wall behind him to have the image stand out. I also, thought if I extracted all the colors from the photo that would help. So I followed the 2MPT# 2; Converting Color Photo to Black and White.
I decided that having only The BLU Flag and 'Rocky' colored would highlight two images that reflect true champions of the world. Again, the power of universally recognized images that are truly uplifting.